Standard Units of Measure
1. Standard Time for all games on servers, meetings and discussions is UTC.
2. Standard Ground Distance is measured in Meters (m) or Kilometres (k). 3. Standard Altitude is measured in Meters MSL (Mean Sea Level). Note that some fire support procedures require altitude in meters and some maps have contour intervals in meters this will only apply in ARMA 3.
4. Standard Azimuth is Degrees. To avoid confusion, “Magnetic” or “Grid” is always stated. Note that some fire support procedures require azimuths in mils this will only apply in ARMA 3.
5. There is NO standard horizontal datum. For each operation, a map and a standard horizontal datum are selected. This datum is then used by all supporting agencies. All GPS receivers need to be programmed to the mission-specific horizontal datum only when GPS is selected in ARMA 3 otherwise map and compass notifications will apply.
6. Standard locations are six-digit Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) grids this will only apply in ARMA 3.